Sunday 22 July 2018

20 Things I've Learnt In 20 Years


- Care less what other people think about you. You will find people who will accept your uniqueness and weird personality.

- Let people come to you. Don't waste time trying to attract other people it just doesn't work that way, you will meet someone amazing eventually. It's not worth putting in the effort for someone who isn't really interested.

- Work hard at what you're passionate about. I'm working hard at my fashion degree and trying my hand at blogging which I've always wanted to do. If you want to start a blog... go for it!

- Accept your body. You're not going to have the same figure you had when you were fifteen, and that's completely okay. Get rid of old smaller sized clothes, accept that your body has changed and you've moved to a different clothes size. Realise that being healthy, happy and having curves is really beautiful.

- If you want to dye your hair pink, do it. If you want to cut your hair, do it. Hair dye always washes out and hair grows back. For that matter, get that piercing, get that tattoo. Why not? Life is short.

- Sex is nothing to to be ashamed of, it's amazing and natural. Growing up sex related things were so taboo, but the older I get the more I realise that most people enjoy sex and talking about it (within an appropriate setting, obvs) is really good

- Create, create, create! Take pictures of all the beautiful things you see around you, sketch designs, write blog posts, learn new creative skills to expand your knowledge. I've found I'm happiest when I'm creating things.

- Always be kind and look out for people. Simply just texting someone asking how they are and saying your thinking of them can make a world of difference to their day as sometimes you have no idea what people are going through. If you would want people to check up on you, be sure to check up on them.

- Your family is so important, appreciate them and take time out of them as much as you can. Phone your Grandma and ask how she is.

- Seek help for your mental health issues. Honestly, there are people out there who will do anything to help you. You are not going through anything alone. Never feel like you are a burden on anyone because that is definitely not the case.

- Your queer as fuck, you like girls. Liking girls is 100% okay.

- As cheesy as it sounds, usually the best way to make a friend is to be a friend. Be nice to everyone. Smile-which is quite difficult because I generally smile as often as Victoria Beckham does.

- Wear whatever you want, growing I used to some really weird things, wearing a lot of vintage, clothes for charity shops. Now a lot of people dress like that, so don't be afraid to dress differently, you're probably starting a trend!

- Listen to your parents, they (often) know what they're talking about.

- Diets do not work in most circumstances and will just create a vicious cycle of restricting and bingeing. Lead a healthy lifestyle, eat veggies and exercise, but if you want that pizza- eat it.

- Be nice to your brother. He's quite nice really.

- Sexism is very much alive and well in 2018, there's people out there (men and women) who honestly believe that women are second class citizens and they are so wrong because this world would fall apart without women, and we have no where near equal rights!

- It's never too late to take up a sport, I joined a football team at 19 and it's the best thing that ever happened to me, both athletically and socially.

- Tampons > Sanitary pads. Pads are, in my opinion, horrid. It's fine if you prefer them though!

Thanks, for reading babes, I know it's a long post and I've definitely still got a lot to learn!


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oh I loved this post! For me, one of the most important things I've learned is also that small acts of kindness like texting someone as you mention, can mean a lot, no matter how small as the act may be. I also love that you've mentioned to work hard for what you're passionate about! Only recently I've put my passions first and finally started up my blog. Loved this! x

    Evie x| https://eviejayne.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I'm 19 so the point about it never being to late to pick up a sport hit me that I want to get back out there and try more sports!

    Sophie | www.sophiesspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reflection posts like this! Makes me curious what we'll learn in the next 10 years of our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post SO much, I’m going to bookmark it as there’s definitely some things I need to keep reminding myself of. The mental health point is SUCH an important point, people might think it doesn’t matter or it isn’t a big deal but there’s absolutely no shame in needing some help. Definitely agree about the diet point as well, at the moment I’m just trying to be mostly healthy but allowing myself to eat what I want without going too hard. And I totally agree, tampons are so much better, pads make me feel like I’m wearing a nappy x

    Alice // www.accordingtoalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely post! You've definitely covered a lot of things that I was ignorant when I was younger and it's honestly nice to know that other people had to learn them too. All of these things are so incredibly important ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. some really great things on here! It is never to late to play a sport! and you're right family are soooo important xx
    https://lifeofshar.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig