Wednesday 19 June 2019

What's In My Pared Down Makeup Bag?

Hi babes,
I have recently a big spring clean in my room (I know it's June, but it's hardly sunbathing weather so I've decided it's actually Spring still.) In the process I've deluttered my makeup collection so I've only got more essential makeup items. Here is a look into my new pared down makeup bag, please let me know what

Eyeshadow Palette
NYX Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette - Brights
If you love creating bright eyeshadow looks, this palette is perfect. The shades are so vivid and gorgeous. There is a lovely mix of matte and shimmery shades which are very easy to blend into each other. NYX makeup is always very pigmented and the eyeshadows in particular and are very high quality so you can't go wrong.

Make-up Brushes
H&M Multi-coloured makeup brushes, £9.99
After 21 years on this planet, it came to my attention that I should probably have a decent collection of makeup brushes, and applying eyeshadow with my finger doesn't really create a great look. (Obviously I still do it though. I would never make it as a beauty guru, let's face it.) I'm a huge sucker for anything mermaid themed or shiny, I literally can't not buy these things. These brushes are not only super pretty but great for every day use, just as good as more expensive brands.
Foundation, Powder and Concealer
MUA Pro Base Concealer, £2.50
NYX Can't Stop Won't Stop Foundation, £15.00
NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder, £5.50
A strong base is very important. I normally start my makeup with concealer to cover up the marks on my face and my occasional pimples. Plus I look permanently tired, so I use a decent amount of concealer on my dark under eye circles. (if you saw me at my work you'd understand.) then apply foundation and powder to complete the base.
Lip Product
I'm not really big on lipstick and normally just stick to lip balm apart from special occasions. But it's always good to have one good lip product in your makeup bag. Shockingly, this product is also from NYX!! Can someone please tell me there are other makeup brands out there. 
I almost forgot to mention, my makeup bag is part of the Triple Glammy bag set from Soap and Glory. This is personally my favourite one from the collection.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig